Why You Should Outsource Your Small Business Marketing in 2014
It's a new year and many small business owners are re-evaluating how they are spending their time, money and resources. I am going to give you several reasons why outsourcing your marketing in 2014 is a practical and strategic move for the overall success of your small business.
More often than not, small business owners understand that marketing and advertising are important. Think of this as the method in which a brand message is delivered. Where many business owners miss the mark is the message itself. You know everything there is to know about your own business. Why wouldn’t you be able to craft an appropriate message? The truth is that there is a learning curve when it comes to choosing appropriate marketing platforms and articulating a brand message that speaks directly to your target market. A full-service agency, like Rooted ID, can help take the guess-work (and leg-work) out of the equation.
For many business owners, marketing serves as a “creative outlet.” We get that! It’s one of the reasons we love what we do! Marketing as a hobby or creative outlet can be dangerous if the following statements sound familiar:
- I really love doing my own marketing, but there is too much on my plate right now.
- I picked a color pallete and imagery for my branding that suited my personal aesthetic because I believe I have good taste.
- Picking a company name is easy. It just needs to sound cool.
Outsourced marketing doesn’t mean that you are giving up creative control. A full-service marketing agency can open a lot of doors by providing:
- Marketing expertise.
- Access to sophisticated software.
- An objective opinion.
- Logistics management. You won’t have to correspond with multiple vendors and manage a bunch of files.
- Quality deliverables (logos, business cards, websites, etc) that you can be proud of.
- A streamlined system for your marketing. Having systems in place for all aspects of your business is one of the keys to long-term success.
Still not sure if an outsourced marketing department is right for you? Schedule a complimentary call or meeting to learn more! Email Kendall@RootedID.com for details.